Because of New Years Eve, there will be no practice on Thursday, Dec. 31. Good luck to all teams participating in Quest. Additional information about Quest will be posted soon. Happy New Year!
Due to the extra commitment of Level 1 teams, predicted coaches will be posted prior to try-outs.
***These coaches may change based on team formulation.
18s Black – Coach Miche Franklen | Assistant Coach John Lacher
17s Black – Coach Kim Ganoe
16s Black – Coach Panechay Hunt
15s Black – Coach Jared Williams
14s Black – Coach Mike Register | Assistant Coach Jef Mei
13s Black – Coach Jef Mei
12s Black – TBD
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to be a Proehlific Park member in order to play in the NC Power JO Club?
No. You do not need to be a member of Proehlific Park.
Q: Where are open-gyms, try-outs, and practices held?
We are located at Proehlific Park (4517 Jessup Grove Rd| Greensboro, NC 27410) and Ragsdale YMCA (900 Bonner Dr | Jamestown, NC 27282).
Q: Do we have to attend all tryout dates?
We recommend that all players come to as many try out dates for their age group, it is not mandatory but coming to as many try out dates, gives our coaches more chances to see the player and get more assessments on them.
Q: Do we have to attend the open gyms?
Going to our open gyms gives players a chance to get ready for tryouts, and meet our coaches. It is not mandatory to attend any or all our open gyms.
Q: What age group will my daughter/son be trying out for?
The age your child will be on September 1st, 2016 will be the age they try-out for. Click here for more detailed Age Definitions. (ex. My daughter is currently 13. She will turn 14 on April 11th, 2016. On September 1st 2016, she will be 14 which means she will be trying out for the 14s)
Q: Which coach will coach which team?
We will select coaches for teams AFTER all try-outs are completed and teams are formed. This is done so we can match coaches to teams based on age, skill, chemistry, etc. Some Level 1 teams coaches will be posted before try-outs due to the extra commitment level.
Q: When will teams be posted?
Teams will be posted the Sunday or Monday after try-outs are completed.
Q: What are Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 teams?
These levels represent the commitment level and level of training of a team.
- Level 1 teams: ~$1487 (Similar to a “National” level schedule)
- 3 practices a week, 3-4 travel tournaments and 2-3 regional tournaments along with the regional championships.
- Tournaments are mostly travel. Tournaments may include: Quest For Excellence, Winter Bump, Big South, MAPL-Raleigh, MAPL-Hampton Roads, etc.
- Level 2: ~$1148
- practice 2 times a week, teams will have 1-2 travel tournaments and 5 regional tournaments with the regional championships.
- Tournaments mostly regional and some travel. Tournaments may include: Hi Neighbor, Big South, Winter Bump, Shamrock, etc.
- Level 3: ~$842
- practice 2 times a week, will have 5 regional tournaments, and either a travel tournament or a regional championship tournament.
- Tournaments are regional (may include Hi Neighbor or a similar tournament).
JO Membership fee covers court fee, uniforms/equipment, regular season tournaments, Quest for Excellence, Referee’s Clinic, and Coaches and Administration Fees.
Practice times may change based on number of teams in each age group, coaches schedules and training with other teams.
Please bring either check or cash paid to NC Power VBC for $10.00 for one day and $15.00 for both days non-refundable fee.
11’s – 14’s & Boys Open Gym Dates and Times
Tuesday Oct. 20: Complete
Thursday Oct. 22 : Complete
15’s – 18’s Open Gym Dates and Times
Sunday Nov. 1: Times: 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
15’s Time: 1:00 pm -1:30 pm Paper Work; 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Court
16’s Time: 2:00 pm -2:30 pm Paper Work; 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm Court
17’s Time: 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Paper Work; 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm Court
18’s Time: 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Paper Work; 4:30 pm – 6 pm Court
Thursday Nov. 5: Times: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
15’s Time: 6 pm -6:30 pm Paper Work; 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Court
16’s Time: 6:30 pm -7:00 pm Paper Work; 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Court
17’s Time: 7 pm – 7:30 pm Paper Work; 7:30 pm – 9 pm Court
18’s Time: 7 pm – 7:30 pm Paper Work; 7:30 pm – 9 pm Court
Below is the paper work we need before you try-out. Make sure you have all this ready!
1) $45.00 NON-REFUNDABLE tryout/facility fee
- (cash or check payable to NC Power VBC)
- $40.00 Non-Refundable tryout/facility fee for Early Registration (This option is for the parents/players who submit their paperwork during Open-Gym Times instead of Try-Outs)
2) Club Deposit Check $500.00 (paid to NC Power VBC)
- $500 deposit is kept if player accepts the bid to play in our club and the team forms. The deposit can be returned or shredded by us if the player chooses NOT to accept the bid, did NOT get an offer, or if the team does NOT form. In other words if you end up NOT playing for us at all this season you can get your deposit back or we can shred the deposit.
- Rest of payments will be due January 15 and February 15, 2015
- Boys and 11U Girls will need a $200 deposit check.
3) Copy of Birth Certificate
- Please bring a copy of THE PLAYER’s birth certificate.
4) Proof of USAV membership (copy of membership card or membership paperwork)
- Register at the Carolina Region Website
- Computers and assistance will be available at tryout and open-gym, but registering online prior to tryouts is recommended to save time; this membership is necessary to cover each participant with USAV insurance for tryouts
6) Participant Code of Conduct Form (Will be on your USAV membership page)
7) Try-Out Form
- Try-out form is in Microsoft Excel Format. Please fill out all areas in pink. If you need help, please come to an Open-Gym day.
- When choosing a picture, please use one that most resembles the player during try-outs days. Avoid group photos, glamour shots, or anything picture where we can not recognize the player.
- This is the form we will use to evaluate players. This will let you know exactly what we are looking for!
- A section has been added on from previous years asking if you want to be on a travel team if selected. Travel teams require more of a commitment and the club fees will be increased.
2015-2016 Season Try-Out Dates and Times
11U, 12U, 13U, 14U & Boys
15U, 16U, 17U, & 18U
November 12th – (Extra if needed for further evaluation of players)
-15U times: TBD
-16U times: TBD
-17U times: TBD
-18U times: TBD