Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to be a Proehlific Park member in order to play in the NC Power JO Club?
No. You do not need to be a member of Proehlific Park.
Q: Where are open-gyms, try-outs, and practices held?
We are located at Proehlific Park (4517 Jessup Grove Rd| Greensboro, NC 27410) and Ragsdale YMCA (900 Bonner Dr | Jamestown, NC 27282).
Q: Do we have to attend all tryout dates?
We recommend that all players come to as many try out dates for their age group, it is not mandatory but coming to as many try out dates, gives our coaches more chances to see the player and get more assessments on them.
Q: Do we have to attend the open gyms?
Going to our open gyms gives players a chance to get ready for tryouts, and meet our coaches. It is not mandatory to attend any or all our open gyms.
Q: What age group will my daughter/son be trying out for?
The age your child will be on September 1st, 2016 will be the age they try-out for. Click here for more detailed Age Definitions. (ex. My daughter is currently 13. She will turn 14 on April 11th, 2016. On September 1st 2016, she will be 14 which means she will be trying out for the 14s)
Q: Which coach will coach which team?
We will select coaches for teams AFTER all try-outs are completed and teams are formed. This is done so we can match coaches to teams based on age, skill, chemistry, etc. Some Level 1 teams coaches will be posted before try-outs due to the extra commitment level.
Q: When will teams be posted?
Teams will be posted the Sunday or Monday after try-outs are completed.
Q: What are Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 teams?
These levels represent the commitment level and level of training of a team.
- Level 1 teams: ~$1487 (Similar to a “National” level schedule)
- 3 practices a week, 3-4 travel tournaments and 2-3 regional tournaments along with the regional championships.
- Tournaments are mostly travel. Tournaments may include: Quest For Excellence, Winter Bump, Big South, MAPL-Raleigh, MAPL-Hampton Roads, etc.
- Level 2: ~$1148
- practice 2 times a week, teams will have 1-2 travel tournaments and 5 regional tournaments with the regional championships.
- Tournaments mostly regional and some travel. Tournaments may include: Hi Neighbor, Big South, Winter Bump, Shamrock, etc.
- Level 3: ~$842
- practice 2 times a week, will have 5 regional tournaments, and either a travel tournament or a regional championship tournament.
- Tournaments are regional (may include Hi Neighbor or a similar tournament).
JO Membership fee covers court fee, uniforms/equipment, regular season tournaments, Quest for Excellence, Referee’s Clinic, and Coaches and Administration Fees.
Practice times may change based on number of teams in each age group, coaches schedules and training with other teams.